Inspired by The Tasha Tutor Cookbook.
Made with local farm fresh and organic ingredients. And most importantly love.
Ingredients and Step-by-Step instructions
6-8 medium potatoes or 8-10 small potatoes
- Peel, cut into a quarter inch slices, Place in a pot with water just covering and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and steam until soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle a little white wine, rice, or white vinegar over the potatoes and let sit until cool.
Step 2.) Bring 5-6 eggs to a boil, remove from heat, and let sit for 10 minutes. Chop into halves.
Step 3.) Cut and prepare vegetables and herbs
- 2-3 small red and white onions
- 2-3 sticks of celery
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- a spring of thyme
- and a few leaves of basil (to garnish)
Step 4.) My Variation of Tasha Tutor’s French Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic (or 3 small cloves) pressed
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. sugar
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Mustard seed powder (or yellow mustard)
- a few drops of Sriracha sauce
- a drops drops of Worcestershire sauce
- a few leaves of thyme
Combine all ingredients in a pint mason jar. Cover and shake well. Store at room temperature until ready to use. Makes approximately 1 cup.
Add onions, garlic, celery, thyme, and eggs to the potatoes in the large serving bowl. Add 1 cup of Hellman’s Mayonnaise. Add a 1/2 cup of the dressing to the salad mixture. Sprinkle basil leaves on top. Taste to measure. Serve cold.
(Optional for those meat-eaters!) When ready to serve, Add bacon pieces to the salad-mix well.